Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting on [my] World to change....

I have been waiting for this trip for a long time...and now that it is 4 days away, I am a bit freaked---I won't lie, I am quite nervous...very nervous...and I think that is only expected. 

I have been asked a thousand times, "What made you want to go to Istanbul?" and I have to think back to why I originally wanted to: the culture, the architecture, the adventure. Although I am having a hard time seeing the value of this trip as it approaches, I know I will be surprised by the experience that awaits...

My check-luggage is waiting for me in Boston... [ I spend two nights there before I leave for Istanbul]. 

I have been ready physically for so long...packed, organized, overly prepared.
I won't be ready emotionally until I am sitting on the plane, forced to be ready. I guess I am lucky to not want to leave home. I have the best family in the world and that is why it makes it so difficult for me to leave. I am a home-body, no doubt. [I miss my Berea life too...friends, work, classes, etc]. 

I just hate the "unknown" that I am about to enter. But...I signed up for this study abroad experience with the anticipation of the thrills, adventure, and excitement awaiting. I must remember that I wanted this!

..."A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!"

 

1 comment:

  1. Favorite, I just found out that you were actually blogging about your trip. That is so cool! Im excited about the upcoming posts!!! Hope you're enjoying yourself in TURKEY. I miss you bunches.

    ReplyDelete